Enter the 2016 Cheshire Life Garden of the Year competition
- Credit: not Archant
There are great prizes for the best school garden and the best domestic garden in the Cheshire Life Garden of the Year 2016 competition.
Keen gardeners and schools with a passion for plants are being invited to take part in an exciting competition with two wonderful prizes.
Olympian Garden Buildings of Sandbach have teamed up with Cheshire Life to launch the Garden of the Year 2016 competition. There is also a category with children in mind - the School Garden of the Year section.
The prize for the county’s top garden is a generous voucher entitling the winner to spend £1,000 at Olympian Garden Buildings’ impressive site.
There is another £1,000 voucher for the school demonstrating the most impressive commitment to horticulture.
Director of Olympian Garden Buildings Nick Williams said: ‘We’re so pleased to be sponsoring the Cheshire Life 2016 Garden of the Year competition. We’re fortunate to install our garden buildings in some truly stunning gardens throughout Cheshire, and look forward to viewing the entries from both domestic gardeners and schools.’
Cheshire Life regularly features gardens on its pages and we know that gardening is a popular pastime. We have many green-fingered readers. Readers’ letters and emails indicate that many local schools and their pupils are enthusiastic about gardening and growing things. This competition is an opportunity for teachers and youngsters to have their work recognised and buy something from the impressive range at Olympian Garden Buildings. Their attractive structures range from modest garden sheds and outdoor home offices, to strikingly beautiful summer houses.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 5 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 6 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 9 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 10 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
Visit their website to see the range of their products.
Olympian Garden Buildings
Moston Road, Sandbach,
Cheshire, CW11 3JA.
Tel: 01270 759775
Open seven days a week.
Attach the entry form to a document outlining in no more than 500 words why you should be considered for the School Garden of the Year prize. You need to accompany it with as many illustrations or photographs as possible. Send it to Garden of the Year, Cheshire Life Editorial, UBC Offices, Cinnabar Court, 5300 Daresbury Park, Warrington, WA4 4GE. Please note entries are not returnable and, if successful, the photographs may be published in the magazine and on our website.
We aim to announce the winners in our November issue.