4 places to find great coffee and cake in Lancaster
- Credit: Archant
From the Music Room to Printroom Cafe & Bar
Printroom Café & Bar
Creative juices can flow along with the coffee at the Printroom Café and Bar. It’s on the ground floor of The Storey, which was originally opened to commemorate Queen Victoria’s Golden Jubilee in 1887 and is now owned and run by the city council.
‘The menu changes regularly, honouring the best in local produce and independent suppliers where possible, with a selection of homemade soups, sandwiches, salads and breakfast options, all served alongside an accompanying hot drink by Atkinsons of Lancaster,’ said Russell Daley, the council’s assistant facilities manager.
It was Lancaster industrialist and philanthropist Thomas Storey’s vision to provide a building which inspires forward thinking that still resonates today as The Storey is home to a centre for creative industries.
And those creative folk help to create the buzzy atmosphere and good company in the Printroom which is part of Lancaster’s popular Coffee Quarter and conveniently just a two minute walk from the city centre, the castle and the railway station.
- 1 Win a holiday for two on the Isles of Scilly
- 2 16 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 3 12 of the best places to eat al fresco in Yorkshire
- 4 Sussex pubs with beer gardens to visit this summer
- 5 Great pubs with pretty beer gardens in Kent
- 6 21 of the best places to eat al fresco in Hampshire
- 7 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 8 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 9 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 10 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
3 more to try
The Old Bell
Don’t be shy, take a stroll down Bashful Alley, where you’ll find this cosy tearoom offering delicious cakes and snacks. 01524 36561.
The Music Room
Coffee lovers can’t visit Lancaster without tasting a cup of Atkinson’s coffee and where better than this café located in one of the city’s Georgian gems? 01524 65470, thecoffeehopper.com
Animal Care Tearoom
Lancaster’s best kept secret for home-made cakes and snacks – there’s even a mutt’s menu! It’s volunteer-run and all proceeds are donated to this established Lancaster animal charity. 01524 65495, animalcare-lancaster.co.uk