BEST CHEF OF THE YEAR WINNER AT THE CORNWALL LIFE FOOD AND DRINK AWARDS 2015
The Chef of the Year category is dedicated to championing Cornwall-based chefs who have devoted themselves to the cause of serving the best possible food within the region
Sponsored byTwo Brothers Foods
Winner: Nathan Outlaw, Fish Kitchen
Nathan Outlaw runs his self titled two Michelin star restaurant at Port Isaac, as well as the Port Isaac Fish Kitchen, and Outlaw's at The Capital Hotel, London. His Port Isaac restaurant is famed for his seafood tasting menu and his menus highlight the finest sustainable seafood caught off the Cornish coast by small day boats.
Highly commended: Aaron Janes, The Harbour Fish and Grill
Aaron Janes is executive chef at the Harbour Fish and Grill on the edge of Newquay’s harbour overlooking seven of Newquay’s beaches. He has designed a menu that’s family friendly by day and offers the best in fine dining in the evening.
Highly commended: Paul Ainsworth, Paul Ainsworth @ No 6
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 8 8 great family walks in the North West
- 9 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 10 Yorkshire Olympians, the Brownlee brothers: where they love to eat, to train and to explore
Paul Ainsworth is a classically trained chef and holds a Michelin star at his self-titled restaurant Paul Ainsworth at No 6 in the heart of Padstow. He has represented the South West on the BBC’s Great British Menu and he went on to win and serve his RNLI-inspired dessert at the banquet in 2011.