BEST CHEF OF THE YEAR WINNER AT THE CORNWALL LIFE FOOD AND DRINK AWARDS 2015
The Chef of the Year category is dedicated to championing Cornwall-based chefs who have devoted themselves to the cause of serving the best possible food within the region
Sponsored byTwo Brothers Foods
Winner: Nathan Outlaw, Fish Kitchen
Nathan Outlaw runs his self titled two Michelin star restaurant at Port Isaac, as well as the Port Isaac Fish Kitchen, and Outlaw's at The Capital Hotel, London. His Port Isaac restaurant is famed for his seafood tasting menu and his menus highlight the finest sustainable seafood caught off the Cornish coast by small day boats.
Highly commended: Aaron Janes, The Harbour Fish and Grill
Aaron Janes is executive chef at the Harbour Fish and Grill on the edge of Newquay’s harbour overlooking seven of Newquay’s beaches. He has designed a menu that’s family friendly by day and offers the best in fine dining in the evening.
Highly commended: Paul Ainsworth, Paul Ainsworth @ No 6
- 1 7 autumn walks in Kent to delight the senses
- 2 9 of the best places for coffee across Cornwall
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 12 historic village churches in Cheshire
- 6 Try this pretty, circular coastal walk at the Chidham Peninsula
- 7 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 10 5 great walks in and around Kendal
Paul Ainsworth is a classically trained chef and holds a Michelin star at his self-titled restaurant Paul Ainsworth at No 6 in the heart of Padstow. He has represented the South West on the BBC’s Great British Menu and he went on to win and serve his RNLI-inspired dessert at the banquet in 2011.