BUTCHER OF THE YEAR AWARD WINNER AT THE CORNWALL LIFE FOOD AND DRINK AWARDS 2015
This category aims to praise and support our numerous local butchers and meat producers and their contribution to Cornwall’s food scene.
Winner: Kittow’s Butchers, Par
Nominated for their excellent quality meats, wonderful staff and amazing deli selection, Kittow’s is a fifth generation Cornish family butchers in Par. Kittows offer bespoke butchery services for local farmers wishing to retail their own meats alongside their own range of meats, game and luxury sausages.
Highly commended: Brian Etherington Meat Co, Scorrier
Voters commended this butchers willingness to go above and beyond to ensure customers get exactly what they require when they visit the shop. They are passionate about local produce and are advocates for great environmental and ethical practices. Voters liked that new and different cuts of meat are always on offer- along with tips on how to cook them!
Highly commended: Philip Warren and Son, Launceston
The company have been farming since 1880 and still dry age’ and cure the meats using the same traditional methods as they did back then. Nowadays, Philip Warren and Son provide meat to some of the best chefs and kitchens in the county, with many Michelin star chefs among them. As well as farming themselves, they work with and support numerous small farms from around the county. One reader commented that every restaurant in the county wants to have and should have Phillip Warren meat on it’s menu.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 3 5 up-and-coming Sussex artists to watch in 2021
- 4 5 of the best day trips in Yorkshire
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 7 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 8 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Lancashire this summer