7 of the best restaurants in Chichester
- Credit: Herry Lawford/Flickr
The picturesque cathedral city of Chichester is home to a number of fantastic places to eat
From lovely pubs and British grub to Italian and Indian, Chichester is home to a range of great restaurants. Here we round up just some of the best…
14 Westgate, Chichester PO19 3EU
Reopening on 10th May
Tastefully decorated with lots of wood, leather and creamy neutrals, The Crate & Apple is one of the finest pubs in the city. The evening dinner menu features cod loin wrapped in parma ham, beef burger and ham, egg and chips.
Cafe: The Pass, 26 Deanery Farm Lane, Southgate PO19 1ES
Truck: Rutland Way, Chichester Bypass, Chichester PO19 4RT
- 1 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 2 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 3 Win a £1000 rug from Alternative Flooring
- 4 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 5 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
- 6 Magical Christmas markets in Suffolk 2021
- 7 Win a Masterbuilt Gravity Series 560 Digital Charcoal Grill and Smoker
- 8 Magical Christmas markets in Kent 2021
- 9 The 15 best Christmas markets in Norfolk 2021
- 10 How Louise Minchin will be spending Christmas 2021after I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here!...
Not a restaurant as such, but it'd be wrong to not include this Cafe, set in two locations delivering double the taste to Chicester. The Pass Street Food Cafe serves hand-pressed burgers and monthly gourmet delights, such as chicken quesadillas. Moroccan spiced lamb, escalope of veal and seared yellowfin tuna.
11-12 Market Rd, Chichester PO19 1JW
Consistently rated one of the best places to eat in Chichester, Reina Kitchen Meze & Bar specialises in Turkish cuisine, using fresh local produce alongside traditional Turkish herbs and spices. The menu is extensive and features seafood, kebabs and a number of house specials.
Birdham Road, Chichester, PO20 7EH or 149 St. Pancras, Chichester, PO19 7SH
If you fancy some Indian food, then Thyme & Chillies really is a must-visit. Offering lunch and dinner, the à la carte menu includes a number of lamb delicacies, chicken options and vegetable sides.
North St, Chichester PO19 1LX
Offering a pre-theatre menu, this delightful restaurant in North Street is a perfect stop before heading to see a show. The main menu includes scallops and crab ravioli to start with mains ranging from Beef Wellington to chalk-stream trout.
Crouchers Orchards, Birdham Rd, Chichester PO20 7EH
This restaurant at Crouchers Orchards offers up a casual menu with pizza, pasta and more in a relaxed environment. A selection of Italian wine and beer is also on offer.
5-6 St Pancras, Chichester PO19 7SJ
The clue is in the name here, so if you're in the market for some Thai food, then drop into Lemongrass. With branches in Rustington, Petersfield and Horsham as well, they clearly do what they do very well. The only negative is trying to make a choice from the extensive, mouth-watering menu.
- The best restaurants in Sussex - Whether you're looking for fine dining, pub food, a romantic meal for 2 or a taste of something from further afield, eating out in Sussex really has something for everyone. Here's our guide to the best local restaurants and pubs