Meet the chef: Andrew McLeish at Chapter One
Boasting a Michelin star, four AA rosettes and an impressive modern European menu, Chapter One is one of Kent's finest eating establishments. Meet the man behind its success...
Tell us a bit about yourselfI’ve been at Chapter One for 10 years now. I have recently moved to Eynsford where my wife and I are refurbishing a farmhouse. We don’t get a lot of spare time so it’s an ongoing project, especially with three children under six years old.
Your perfect Valentine’s dish?Freshly caught wild sea bass with a oyster leaf and lobster butter sauce.
What’s your own favourite food?Anything fresh and full of flavour – the simpler the better!
Which top chef in the UK do you currently most admire?Phillip Howard from The Square, a two-Michelin star restaurant in central London
What is the secret of Chapter One’s continuing success?Continually working hard on our product and always trying to improve on the Chapter One experience. It’s not only about the food, it’s also about service and ambience, while keeping our prices as low as possible.
- 1 10 excellent fish and chip shops in Kent
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 4 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 5 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 6 11 of the most Instagrammble locations in Hampshire
- 7 Win a three nights stay at Nydsley Hall in Pateley Bridge
- 8 17 of the best things to do in Essex for free
- 9 6 of the best August walks in Cheshire
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire