6 of the best places to get your cake fix in Weston-super-Mare
- Credit: Getty
Food and drink has often seemed to make life a little brighter over the past year, so when all else feels bad, let's EAT CAKE
Bentley Road Baker
Bourton Barns, Ebdon Lane, Wick St Lawrence, Weston Super Mare, North Somerset, BS22 7YA.
The public goes crazy for the amazing array of sweet treats on offer at The Bentley Road Baker. Offering local deliveries, postal brownies and local click and collect during lockdown, keep an eye on its social media pages for the fastest finger first race to secure your cakes when they are released.
262, Milton Road, Weston Super Mare, Somerset, BS22 8EN.
Have you seen the cheesecakes The Milton Larder offers? If not, get yourself onto The Milton Larder's Facebook page to see these amazing creations, which sell out every time. They are sold alongside lots of other homemade cakes.
Astills of Worle
175 High St, Worle, Weston-super-Mare BS22 6JA.
This family bakery has been providing a local delivery service. I would highly recommend the Astills Danish slices and flapjacks, but you can also order your daily bread, pasties and sausage rolls to be delivered straight to your home.
James Artisan Bakery
- 1 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 2 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
- 5 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 6 Beautiful places to go wild swimming in Suffolk
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
35 Whitecross Rd, Weston-super-Mare BS23 1EN.
Formerly Whitecross Bakery and still serving quality cakes, James Artisan Bakery is well worth a look. Alongside traditional favourites such as eclairs and apple and custard turnovers, you can pick up your essential foods such as bread, cheeses and flour.
21 St James St, Weston-super-Mare BS23 1ST.
With the kind of cake selection that only exists in your dreams, Hills is offering free delivery over £10 and you can even call the shop and put together your own package.
Go on, why not try the bread pudding and coconut pyramid!
5 Meadow Street, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1QG.
Although this bakers is famous for its specialty flavoured breads, from 'inferno' to cheese and marmite, it also has a vast selection of sweet treats. Why not try one of Winnies' Bakers Dozen packages? Who says you need others to help you eat cake!