TV baking star to host an evening at Magdalen Chapter
- Credit: Archant
Baking fans and cookery lovers alike will be given the chance to meet Glenn Cosby, contestant on the hit BBC Two show The Great British Bake Off on Thursday 10 April.
For one night only Glenn will share his tales from baking in the limelight, followed by a three-course dinner of delicious dishes.
Local to Exeter, Glenn joined the baker’s dozen of competitors to star in the fourth series of the TV phenomenon, fighting off tough competition until week 7. He was the last man standing.
Glenn said: “For me, baking is about indulgence. I love the hands on approach to food and enjoy nothing more than sharing the end result with others and this event is to be no exception! I am delighted to be appearing at The Magdalen Chapter and no doubt there will be a question or two about a ‘soggy bottom!’”
General Manager Fiona Moores, from The Magdalen Chapter, said: “For us it is such a privilege to welcome Glenn to The Magdalen Chapter. As a local Exeter lad and familiar face at the hotel, throughout his time on the series the entire team was rooting for him. During the series, our kitchenteam tried their hand at creating some of the great bakes from the show.”
Guests will enjoy a three-course sumptuous supper of Glenn’s best-loved dishes accompanied by matching wines. The menu will feature favourites including ‘Full English’ Canapés, Spanakopita and Floating Islands.
Since filming the show Glenn has returned to guiding teens through their A-Levels as Assistant Principal and Director of Sixth Form at Teignmouth Community School in Devon.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 6 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 7 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 8 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
Tickets to One Night Only with Glenn Cosby are priced at £45 per person and will include an intimate Q&A with Glenn and a three-course meal including wine, canapés and coffee. Booking is essential.
To book a place telephone 01392 281000. For more information, visit themagdalenchapter.com