5 of the best outdoor swimming pools in Sussex
- Credit: Darren Coleshill / Flickr CC BY 2.0
You don't have to be on a holiday abroad to enjoy a relaxed afternoon by the pool! Here are 5 of the best outdoor pools to visit this summer in Sussex.
Queen St, Arundel BN18 9JG
These much-loved heated pools near the river have wonderful views of the castle. Enjoy the 25m main pool or play with the little ones in the large heated paddling area. There are picnic areas, a café and a shop.
Brook St, Lewes BN7 2BA
The oldest freshwater pool in the country is a whopping 45m long and is fed by the waters of the River Ouse. Although it's unheated, it warms up as summer progresses. There's also a children's pool.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 3 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 10 great circular walks in Cheshire
- 9 Country walks with summer pub gardens in the Cotswolds
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
Triangle Way, Burgess Hill RH15 8WA
As well as a fantastic indoor complex with shoots, rapids and various pools, there's a large outdoor pool at this popular leisure centre. You can also ride a rapids channel inside and out again.
Kingsway, Hove BN3 4LX
This large paddling pool next to the lagoon is a magnet for toddlers in summer. There's a play area too, so take a picnic and spend the day. You'll find other paddling pools at the Level, Saunders Park and on King's Road.
Pavilions in the Park
Hurst Rd, Horsham RH12 2DF
This large leisure centre in Horsham Park also opens a heated outdoor pool during the summer months. Combine it with time at the inside pool for water shoots and slides.