Charity celebrates 10th anniversary at Stanway House
The charity Speakeasier is celebrating its tenth anniversary at the Earl of Wemyss' Stanway House on Saturday, July 23
Join Speakeasier in celebrating their 10th anniversary
Speakeasier invites you to celebrate their 10th anniversary with them, at the Earl of Wemyss’ Stanway House on Saturday, July 23. The charity that raises much needed funds to help people with multiple sclerosis, who have become the victims of speech loss due to their medical condition.
The charity run entirely by volunteers, many of whom have multiple sclerosis themselves, provides equipment such as the ‘Lightwriter’ a speech synthesiser that operates on the blink of an eye to enable those suffering from lost speech to be able to communicate with their family and friends once again.
The location for this commendable charities event is Stanway House, which is an outstandingly beautiful example of a Jacobean Manor House, 14th century Tithe Barn and 18th century Water Garden owned by the Tracy Family and their descendants the Earls of Wemyss for the last 500 years. The famous Stanway Fountain rises to over 300 feet, making it the tallest fountain in Britain and the tallest gravity-fed fountain in the world.
Special Guest for the evening will be the celebrated local jockey, broadcaster and author Richard Pitman. Richard a retired jump jockey who rode 470 winners in his career including Lanzarote in the 1974 Champion Hurdle joined the BBC TV racing team in 1976, and since then has written seven racing novels and five non-fiction books.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 3 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 8 great family walks in the North West
- 7 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 8 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 9 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 10 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes