CORNWALL'S FOOD INDUSTRY TOPS £1.5 BILLION
The Bodmin Food Cluster is a new food and drink initiative that spotlights the career opportunities the sector offers to young people across the county
The Bodmin Food Cluster is a new food and drink initiative that spotlights the career opportunities the sector offers to young people across the county.
A seven-minute long promotional video is made by the Cornish creative agency, Studio Wallop and is the result of a pioneering collaboration between Cornish food companies; Trewithen Dairy, Buttermilk, Kelly’s of Cornwall, Tulip, Proper Cornish and Ocean Fish.
Designed to appeal to students currently considering their career options, one of the key goals of the film was to reach out to those with good academic qualifications and show them the range of good and exciting career choices within the food and drink sector.
The Cornish food sector injects an impressive £1.5 billion into the local economy annually and this new promotional video helps explain that, while 50 per cent of food and drink jobs are in manufacturing, half offer a more diverse working life with good rates of pay.
Bodmin Food Cluster chairman, Phil Ugalde says: We’re fortunate to live with a sensational natural larder on our doorstep which means the county is alive with food creators and suppliers of the highest quality.
The production of this video as a promotional tool enhances other initiatives including the Opening Doors to a Brighter Future careers event, organised by the Rotary Club of Lostwithiel and hosted annually at the Eden Project.
- 1 Win a luxury Christmas hamper worth £250 from Bakers & Larners of Holt
- 2 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 3 Win a theatre break in Manchester to see The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
- 4 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 5 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 6 WIN a stunning Jo Downs art piece worth £520
- 7 Win a £5000 staycation in Cornwall
- 8 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 9 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
- 10 5 of the best Somerset farm shops for Christmas shopping
Our intention is to inspire more young people to enter the flourishing food industry, making the most of the great opportunities on their doorstep.’
We work really hard to promote the food and drink industry in Cornwall and so it’s encouraging to see the Bodmin Food Cluster doing so much to portray it as the incredibly appealing and attractive sector that it is,’ says Managing Director of Cornwall Food and Drink, Ruth Huxley says. The industry is absolutely thriving in this region and the opportunities that it is offering are abundant, so don’t miss out!’
You can watch the Bodmin Food Cluster video at: cornwallfoodanddrink.co.uk/bodminfood-cluster