Manchester City stars in Fashion Kicks charity event with Lily Cole
Manchester City players traded their football boots for sharp suits to raise money for several charities. The Fashion Kicks event, saw the FA Cup winning team strut their stuff on the catwalk alongside supermodel Lily Cole.
Manchester City players traded their football boots for sharp suits to raise money for several charities. The Fashion Kicks event, hosted by Cheshire-based player Shay Given and wife Jane, saw the FA Cup winning team strut their stuff on the catwalk alongside supermodel Lily Cole.
Celebrities including Nicky Byrne and Shane Filan from Westlife, boxer Amir Khan and Coronation Street stars attended the event and entertainment on the evening was provided by X Factor winner Alexandra Burke.
The event, which also featured a charity auction hosted by snooker player Dennis Taylor and Michelin-starred chef Paul Heathcote, came shortly after their win in the FA Cup and the more than 600 guests got to see them parade the trophy down the catwalk.
Fashion Kicks, held at Lancashire County Cricket Club, showcased designer collections from Selfridges and raised money for Macmillan Cancer Support, Beechwood Centre for Cancer Care in Stockport and the Adopt a School project.
The event has raised more then �900,000 in its eight year history and Jane and Shay hope to have crashed through the �1 million barrier.
Shay, a patron of Macmillan Cancer Support, said: ‘Jane and I are extremely grateful to everyone who turned up to show their support for the three charities involved. We have been blown away by the generosity received, both of our guests and of those who kindly donated their time and help to make the event possible.’
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 5 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 6 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 9 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 10 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
The print version of this article appeared in the July 2011 issue of Cheshire Life
We can deliver a copy direct to your door – order online here