Midsummer Barn Dance with Mawkin
Get on down to Cheltenham Town Hall and celebrate the advent of Midsummer with a good old knees up at the Midsummer Barn Dance on Friday, June 22
Midsummer Barn Dance
Friday, June 22 at 8pm, Town Hall
Get on down to Cheltenham Town Hall and celebrate the advent of Midsummer with a good old knees up at the Midsummer Barn Dance on Friday, June 22.
If you don’t know your ‘stripping the willow’ from your ‘poussettes’, worry not: caller Phil Bassindale will be on hand to guide you through the steps, so even if you’re a first-timer you’ll be up and dancing by the end of the night!
Tunes will be provided by the fantastic Mawkin, who have just released their new album Crow and were recently seen on ITV’s Ade In Britain. They were formed by brothers David and Jamie Delarre on guitar and fiddle respectively, along with Nick Cooke on melodeon, Danny Crump on bass and Lee Richardson on drums, and always go down a storm at the Cheltenham Folk Festival. One of British folk music’s brightest young talents, their blistering take on traditional tunes are sure to get even the most reluctant feet moving!
- 1 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 2 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 7 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 8 Property of the month: Godfreys Farmhouse, Great Totham
- 9 8 great family walks in the North West
- 10 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
Great fun for all the family, Cheltenham Town Hall’s Barn Dances always sell out, so get your tickets early to avoid disappointment.
Tickets are �9 (�5.50 under 16s) and are on sale now from the Town Hall Box Office, by calling 0844 576 2772 or online at www.cheltenhamtownhall.org.uk