Join our gourmet journey on the Northern Belle with Raymond Blanc
- Credit: Archant
Cheshire Life and the Belmond Northern Belle train offer readers a chance to join this exclusive occasion, hosted by the renowned chef Raymond Blanc
Raymond Blanc has a lifetime of culinary excellence. These successes have culminated in the two Michelin-star Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons hotel and showcase restaurant in Oxfordshire.
The Belmond Northern Belle, a sister venue to Le Manoir and part of the Belmond collection is one of the best fine dining restaurant trains in the UK. It will be the venue for this special dining event starting from Chester Station on the evening of Saturday October 29th 2016.
Only 120 passengers or 60 couples will have the opportunity to enjoy this truly exquisite culinary journey.
The train will thunder into Chester at 5.30pm and travel on a scenic journey to Cumbria while guests enjoy five courses, fine wines and entertainment. Diners will marvel at the elegant carriages with plush upholstery and fine fixtures, all reminiscent of a bygone era, before the liveried Belmond Northern Belle stewards serve a sumptuous dinner.
Tables will be prepared with starched white linen, customised crockery and crystal champagne flutes. You will have chance to discuss the menu with Monsieur Blanc as he strolls the carriages chatting to guests. The evening will be an elegant, fun-filled occasion with entertainment on board. The train returns to Chester station around midnight.
Cheshire Life editor, Louise Allen-Taylor, said: ‘I’m really excited about this occasion. I’ve been lucky enough to enjoy similar dining experiences hosted by Raymond Blanc on the Belmond Northern Belle and it is such a treat. Not only is the food and drink superb, the ambience is exceptional. It’s also a chance to dress up to the nines, for him and her.’
- 1 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 13 of the best afternoon teas to try in Cornwall
- 6 10 excellent fish and chip shops in Kent
- 7 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 8 6 of the best August walks in Cheshire
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 Fish and chips in Cornwall you need to try
From £395 per person
• Pick up from Chester train station at 5.45pm
• Round-trip aboard the train
• Champagne reception
• Five-course menu by Raymond Blanc with wine pairings
• Onboard entertainment, including French chanteuse and magician
• Signed copy of Raymond Blanc’s latest book (one per couple)
• Firework display (weather and route permitting)
• Goody bag from Cheshire Life
• Opportunity to meet the editor and to feature in the post-event feature in Cheshire Life
To book call the Belmond reservation team on 0845 077 2222 Mon – Friday – 09:00 am – 18:00 quoting the code CHESHIRE CARRIAGE to be seated with the Cheshire Life carriage. Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org in our events team with your details and we will get the reservations agent to call you to take your booking with a deposit of £50 to secure your seats.
We anticipate this excursion selling our so please confirm your place as soon as possible to secure your place
To book your place on this experience visit www.belmond.com/northern-belle-train/unique-dining-experience