Badminton Girls raise nearly �2000 for Children's Hospice South West
Pupils from Badminton Junior School in Westbury-on-Trym are donating �1,624.60 to The Children's Hospice South West in Wraxall. They raised the substantial funds by holding a fashion show where they designed outfits based on a recycling theme
Pupils from Badminton Junior School in Westbury-on-Trym are donating �1,624.60 to The Children’s Hospice South West in Wraxall. The children raised the substantial funds by holding a fashion show where they designed outfits based on a recycling theme.
Girls, aged 3 to 11 years, designed costumes using a variety of recycled materials including plastic bags, newspaper, bottle tops, old clothes and packaging. In addition, one of the staff also raised a further �150 from high street retailer, Next, by wearing an outfit made entirely from Next plastic bags! Influences for the girls designs ranged from Lady Gaga and Katy Perry to fairytale princesses and model, Kate Moss!
The ‘Trashion Show’, as it was named, was compered by Heart FM presenter, Paulina Gillespie from the Bush, Troy and Paulina Morning Show and attracted over 250 people.
The Children’s Hospice South West also took an assembly at Badminton Junior School to talk to the children, which really inspired them and gave them an appreciation of others’ difficulties.
Said Head of the Junior School, Emma Davies: “The girls worked really hard and our parents have been so supportive in terms of fundraising. I am thrilled that we have raised nearly �2,000 and hope that this helps such a worthwhile charity as the Children’s Hospice South West."
- 1 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 15 festivals and shows happening this summer in Devon
- 6 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 7 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
- 8 6 great walks near Ramsbottom
- 9 10 great circular walks in Cheshire
- 10 7 great walks in Wensleydale