Lancashire schools enter the Last Choir Singing competition
Who will be the Last Choir Singing at the Grand Final?
As singing fever continues to spread across Lancashire, the renowned school choral competition Last Choir Singing is preparing to bring Blackburn alive with music at its climactic Grand Final featuring some of Lancashire’s schools’ top singing talent.
Bask in the sound of ten young choirs as King George’s Hall in Blackburn plays host to their final showdown. Lancashire junior school choirs will take to the stage to sing for victory at the final in Blackburn on Friday 17 June 2016.
Hosted by sponsors True Bearing who also organise the entire competition, the evening is packed with entertainment. Compered by international vocalist, Duncan Heather, with special guests throughout the evening, each choir will impress judges with two performances, one set song which was chosen via a song contest earlier this year and a song of the school’s choice.
Over 1,500 singers from 50 school choirs entered the competition in heats held throughout Lancashire in February and March. They have been whittled down to the final ten choirs. They are:
• Shakespeare Primary School (Fleetwood)
• Kirkham Grammar Junior School
• Goosnargh Oliversons C of E Primary School (Preston)
• St Mary’s RC Primary School (Langho)
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 8 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 9 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 10 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
• Padiham St Leonard’s C of E Primary School (Burnley)
• Tarleton Community Primary School
• Great Eccleston Copp CE Primary School
• Norbreck Primary Academy (Thornton-Cleveleys)
• St Nicholas Church of England Primary School (Blackpool)
• Anchorsholme Primary Academy (Thornton-Cleveleys)
George Critchley, Chairman of True Bearing Chartered, who are the creators, lead sponsor and organiser for the competition said: “As a firm, we are committed to giving something back to our community. The Last Choir Singing competition allows us to do just that. The competition gives young people the opportunity to gain some self-confidence and a ‘feel-good’ factor that comes from singing their hearts out with a group of friends.
TICKETS AND TIMINGS:
The Grand Final of Last Choir Singing 2016 takes place at King George’s Hall, Northgate, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB2 1AA
The event starts at 6.30pm on Friday 17 June. Tickets are £6.00 and can be purchased from King George’s Hall booking office on 01254 58257 (choose option 1).
For full information about the competition, visit www.lastchoirsinging.co.uk