Prior Park announces writing competition winners
Prior Park College announces the winners of its annual 'Young Writer of the Year' competition 2011. Over 200 pupils from local schools around Bath, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire have been battling it out for this coveted title.
Prior Park College announces the winners of its annual ‘Young Writer of the Year’ competition 2011.
Over 200 pupils from local schools around Bath, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire have been battling it out for this coveted title.
Sydney Sopher from Beaudesert Park School, Stroud, and Olivia Keppel from St. Francis School, Pewsey, were awarded the titles ‘Young Writer of the Year’, in the senior and junior categories respectively.
Martha Franks from St. Francis and Maisie Honey from The Paragon (Prior Park College’s junior school) were runners up. The Best School Awards went to Chapmanslade, Westbury, and Norman Court Preparatory School, Salisbury, for overall success.
Book tokens, certificates and trophies were presented to winners and runners up at the Awards Ceremony held at Prior Park College on Monday.
This year’s theme was ‘Time’ and entries were judged by Prior Park’s Head of English, Nigel Tattersfield.
- 1 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 11 of the prettiest villages in North Devon
- 8 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 9 13 delicious afternoon teas to try in Somerset
- 10 8 great family walks in the North West
Headteacher, James Murphy O’Connor, who presented the awards, comments:
“We have been incredibly impressed by this year’s entries as some of the students’ writing was of a standard well beyond their years. Therefore, this made choosing the winners very tough as we were inundated with some very inspiring pieces of writing. Well done to all who entered and warmest congratulations to the winners. We are already starting to plan next year’s event, which we expect to be another very exciting competition.”