Prior Park students sing for the Duchess of Cornwall
Prior Park College students Georgia Entwisle, Harriet Garner, and Megan Buxton were invited to perform Britten's 'A Ceremony of Carols' in front of Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, at a private concert at the Bath Abbey.
Prior Park College students performed for and shook hands with Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, at a private concert at the Bath Abbey.
Georgia Entwisle, 12, Harriet Garner, 14, and Megan Buxton, 13, who are members of the Bath Abbey Choir, were invited to perform Britten’s ‘A Ceremony of Carols’ in front of the Duchess of Cornwall.
The girls sang to her for about 40 minutes and each of the 26 girls who took part spoke to her individually.
Headmaster, Mr James Murphy-O’Connor, comments:
“Our students were honoured to perform for the Duchess of Cornwall at this highly prestigious event. This was a once in a lifetime experience which they will certainly never forget. The girls all commented on how friendly Camilla was and how keen she was to speak to each one of them individually. We look forward to the girls’ next performance at the Bath Abbey on 18 December.”
- 1 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 2 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 15 festivals and shows happening this summer in Devon
- 5 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 6 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 7 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
- 8 6 great walks near Ramsbottom
- 9 7 great walks in Wensleydale
- 10 18 festivals happening this summer in Dorset