Shoreham College to begin 2015 with new Headmaster
- Credit: Archant
Shoreham College is delighted to announce that, following completion of a rigorous appointment process involving the consideration of a strong field of applicants, the Governors have appointed Mr Richard Taylor-West to be Headmaster from January 2015.
Mr Taylor-West holds an MA from Sussex University and a BA and AKC from King’s College, London. He is currently Deputy Headmaster at Hurstpierpoint College, a post he has held for the past nine years; prior to that he was Head of English for four years. He has been at the heart of many developments at Hurst, is experienced in all aspects of school leadership and possesses a comprehensive interest in education, pastoral care and staff management.
At interview Mr Taylor-West was easily the best candidate and we believe he will prove to be an excellent Head. He is married, has two daughters, enjoys the outdoors and has many interests including boating, the sea, angling and walking. He was a successful sportsman, playing two seasons for Portsmouth City football team as a teenager, and enjoys following major sporting competitions.
Mr Taylor-West has already hosted a standing reception at Shoreham College where parents were invited to meet him. It was clear from his talk that Mr Taylor-West has already developed a great love and passion for our school, and we have no doubt that he is the best man to take us forward to even better and greater things.
Following the reception he said, ‘Meeting parents was excellent: many of them asked me excellent, sometimes challenging questions, quite rightly, which gave me a flavour for their hopes and aspirations. What impressed me, however, was their commitment to the College and its community. Their commitment is key to their children’s futures.’
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 10 excellent fish and chip shops in Kent
- 5 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 6 18 things to do in the Cotswolds in August
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 10 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings