Sussex students take part in Primary Schools’ Challenge
- Credit: Archant
Children from across Sussex have gathered at The Prebendal School in Chichester for its inaugural Primary Schools’ Challenge.
Pupils from Aldingbourne Primary, Ashington CE School and Sidlesham Primary took part in the event on Tuesday 7 October 2014.
Each primary school was asked to bring a team of 10 Year 4 children with the Challenges covering Science, Mathematics, Music and Sport.
The Science Challenge involved a marble run, the Mathematics Challenge concentrated on mathematical shapes, the Music Challenge was a practical activity with the children creating their own music and the Sports Challenge tested football and netball skills.
Prebendal organiser and teacher, Tom Bromfield, said: “It was lovely to see how the children really got involved in every Challenge and enjoyed the different aspects of each event. It was a pleasure to welcome them all to our school.”
Head Master of The Prebendal School, Tim Cannell, said: “It was really good to see all the children and indeed many of their parents have fun with the challenges and enjoy something a little different. It was an Italian theme in our Dining Hall so they also loved the food at lunchtime!”
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 10 excellent fish and chip shops in Kent
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 7 18 things to do in the Cotswolds in August
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 10 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire