Local students debut their work on the Great Yorkshire Show catwalk
- Credit: Archant
Stars of the future get their chance at the Great Yorkshire Show
Young fashion designers have the chance to showcase their work during the Great Yorkshire Show this month. Students from Harrogate College of Art and Design, Doncaster College, Hull College of Art and Design and Northallerton College will unveil one-off pieces which they hope will turn heads during the show at the Skipton Building Society Fashion Pavilion.
Sharing the catwalk with them will be long established fashion leaders including Yorkshire-based Alexia Designs, with a selection of dramatic prom dresses, and Barbour the country wear specialist now working in partnership with Boroughbridge-based artist Julie Dodsworth.
Menswear specialist Brook Taverner will also showcase its new autumn/winter range which features Abraham Moon’s fabric woven in Yorkshire.
Great Yorkshire Show director Bill Cowling said: ‘Some of the most famous names in the fashion business began their careers locally, for example Christopher Bailey, creative director and CEO of Burberry, and international designer Bruce Oldfield.
‘The fashion shows are always one of our highlights and enable us to demonstrate the importance of the textile industry and its links within the region,’ he added.
The photographs were taken at Leeds Industrial Museum with models from Morton Gledhill – The Fashion Team and included Emily Naylor, 23 of Halifax, Clare Hunt-Brown, 22 of Halifax, Charlotte Girdwood, 21 of Hull, Alex Conroy, 21 of Bradford and Ben Davies, 26 of Wakefield. Hair and make-up by students from Bradford College.
- 1 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 2 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 3 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 4 A positive outlook for the housing market for 2021
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 18 of the best lockdown takeaways across Yorkshire
- 7 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
- 8 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 9 Why Ashbourne needs to be your next family outing
- 10 4 interesting places to visit in the Peak District