Boat trip helps fundraising team hit £5,000
- Credit: Archant
A boat trip arranged by a group of female independent financial advisers has raised over £400 for charity.
The Women of Worldwide (WoW) trip, from Truro to St Mawes was arranged by Donna Hansen, Rebecca Bendle and Lynne Williams.
The trio, who all work for Truro and Wadebridge based Worldwide Financial Planning, launched WoW in 2012 to raise money for Cornwall Hospice Care.
Local business people and Worldwide’s clients joined together to raise £423 during the evening.
It was the third event the group has held this year following a cake sale and summer ball and helped the team pass its £5,000 target.
Donna Hansen, whose late mother was looked after by Cornwall Hospice Care at St Julia’s Hospice in Hayle, said: “We’re so grateful to everyone who came along to support us and make it such a great evening.
“We’d planned to run the trip in September, but were impacted by the weather.
- 1 Lancashire Recipes - Butter Pie
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 7 places for the perfect picnic in Dorset
- 4 Cornish Legends: The Mermaid of Zennor
- 5 Photography focus: 5 stunning Yorkshire Dales landscapes
- 6 From The Dig to Harry Potter - 5 films shot in Suffolk
- 7 Take a tour of Cornwall’s picturesque harbours
- 8 Blossom varieties to spot while out walking this spring
- 9 Afternoon tea deliveries in Norfolk
- 10 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
“So we were pleased to be able to re-arrange the trip and help continue the fundraising efforts and pass the £5,000 mark.”
“Plans are already underway for 2014 and we hope to be able to add to our total.”
For more information please contact Donna Hansen at Worldwide Financial Planning on 01872 222422 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make a donation please visit www.justgiving.com/teamsylvia