Craft Hub Venture
The Craft Hub has been set up by Ellen Jenkins and Pip Hynam, both from Exeter, both crafters with a passion for handmade, good quality products.
Brooches, cupcakes, accessories, cushions, pottery and handmade creations galore!
Ellen and Pip believe in supporting local trade, encouraging others to learn craft, regenerating and recycling old things to make beautiful, bespoke items and working with local artisans to promote their original and lovingly made work.
Over the last decade there has been a renaissance in traditional crafts. It is no longer uncool to be seen knitting on the bus or with a crochet hook in hand. There is a new passion for slow made goods away from mass produced imported goods often seen on the high street. The Craft Hub is about beautiful, well made and affordable products. Our craft fairs will be modern, eclectic and vibrant, showcasing products from some of the best local talent.
The first ever Craft Hub Fair will be on the 19th June at Exeter Castle. The castle is a beautiful venue and will provide the perfect backdrop for the days’ activities. There will be over 25 stalls of local craft people and handmade designers, selling a range of items including cakes, clothing, accessories, lifestyle goods, jewellery and art.
The theme of the fair is summer and there will be a cafe selling cakes (homemade of course) and refreshments along with areas to chill out with the craft of your choice (bring along your knitting!).
In addition to this there will be craft workshops and demonstrations, from knitting workshops for beginners, to Creation Station for kids, to watercolour, crochet and spinning demos.
- 1 Photography focus: 5 stunning Yorkshire Dales landscapes
- 2 Exploring the ancient art of yarn dyeing in Derbyshire
- 3 Win a watercolour painting of Gosfield by artist James Merriott
- 4 From The Dig to Harry Potter - 5 films shot in Suffolk
- 5 Afternoon tea deliveries in Norfolk
- 6 Afternoon tea deliveries in the Cotswolds
- 7 How a Suffolk man landed a film fan’s dream job on The Dig
- 8 12 beautiful photographs of daffodils in Lancashire
- 9 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 10 Recipe: Make our peanut caramel poke cake
THE CRAFT HUB @ EXETER CASTLE 19TH JUNE 2010 11am – 4pm