Devon Portrait - Neil Gardner
- Credit: Archant
Devon Freewheelers’ Operations Director, Neil Gardner, is one of the courageous team of volunteer emergency couriers that ride the roads of Devon at night carrying vital supplies to hospitals around the county.
Neil is the longest serving member of the Freewheelers and rides for them as often as possible.
“I’m on call most of the time. The hardest thing is having to get out of bed at 2am on a cold, wet winter’s night - but for me its about making a difference and being able to put bikers in a positive light for a change.”
Photographer: Matt Austin
Tel: 07519 647 890
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 3 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 8 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 9 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons
- 10 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer