Gawsworth Community Shop’s chairman Ray Shaw stands down after five years – could you be the next?
- Credit: Gawsworth Community Shop
Gawsworth Community Shop is looking for its next chairperson after longstanding chairman Ray Shaw stands down.
Ray has been a dedicated volunteer at the village shop for 10 years, fulfilling roles including company secretary and deputy manager before becoming chairman in 2016.
The former IT consultant will work with the shop board to implement a new IT infrastructure, with a modern website and an electronic point of sale hardware and software before he goes on to enjoy retirement.
Ray’s wife Val will also give up her role as director on the board.
The shop celebrated its 10th anniversary in March and more recently has been transformed into a community hub to be formally opened later in the year.
Ray says: ‘I have achieved everything that I set out to do five years ago and feel that now is the right time to handover to a new chairperson to deliver the board’s vision for the next phase.
‘Transforming a village shop into a community hub has been a complex and hugely challenging project. It has also been an immensely rewarding one, not just for me personally, but because it provides facilities that many communities lack.
- 1 The Cheshire choirs singing for Christmas
- 2 Win a winter break at the Shireburn Arms in the heart of the Ribble Valley
- 3 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 4 WIN £250 worth of Christmas food and drink
- 5 Win a £5000 staycation in Cornwall
- 6 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 7 Win a £1000 rug from Alternative Flooring
- 8 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 9 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 10 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
‘It has required an enormous team effort from the start. I want to thank all our volunteers, employees, directors, shareholders and funding organisations for their support, commitment and effort, as without them, it would not have turned out to be the success it has been.’
Interested candidates for the Gawsworth Community Shop chairperson role should email email@example.com with a cover letter explaining their suitability for the role, or contact HR coordinator Daryl Williams on 07967 408 865. The closing date is August 31.