Lucy Cavendish named as new Holker Group Chairrman
- Credit: Archant
The Holker Group, which owns a number of diverse businesses across South Cumbria, announces the appointment of Lucy Cavendish as its new Chairman.
Lucy follows in the footsteps of her father, Lord Cavendish of Furness DL, who has been the Chairman of Holker Group for the past forty two years. Lucy became Chairman of Burlington Slate Ltd two years ago and has led the company’s international sales growth and quarrying operations.
The Group’s portfolio also includes Holker Hall & Gardens, Cartmel Racecourse, Devonshire Buildings and Holbeck Homes in Barrow, Longlands and Old Park Wood Holiday Parks and enjoys a successful joint venture with leading regional estate agent Corrie and Co.
Led by Lord and Lady Cavendish the Holker Group has, over the past forty two years, continually and consciously invested in the local economy with consequential benefits to the community. This investment will continue under Lucy’s stewardship.
Proud to continue building upon the achievements of her predecessors, Lucy comments, “My vision is to create a sustainable business that will benefit the wider community, whilst upholding the traditions that my family have valued for generations. This will involve investment in all areas to maintain a dynamic business that can react and adapt to ever-changing economic conditions.”
Lord and Lady Cavendish remain on the Board of the Holker Group of companies.
- 1 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 4 23 cottages that will make you want to move to Surrey
- 5 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 8 charming market towns you need to visit in Somerset
- 9 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 10 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round