Pets at Home fundraiser raises cash for Axhayes Adoption Centre
- Credit: Archant
A charity fundraiser held by Pets at Home at Rydon Lane, Exeter, has been successful in raising over £300 for Cats Protection’s Axhayes Adoption Centre.
The event took place over the weekend of 21-23 March. As well as a children’s quiz throughout the weekend, Pets at Home customers were able to meet Sylvester the Cat on Sunday morning, and take home Cats Protection stickers, masks, bookmarks, coasters and badges.
Ric Brown, the publicity officer for the Friends of Axhayes group said: “We’d like to thank everybody who came by to show their support. We are really pleased with the amount we managed to raise - the money will really make a difference in giving cats a second chance in life.”
All funds raised will now go to help unwanted and abandoned cats whilst they wait to find loving new homes.
Cats Protection’s Friends of Axhayes Adoption Centre is part of a national network of 257 volunteer-run branches and 30 adoption centres that together help over 218,000 cats and kittens each year.
To find out more about adopting a cat or making a donation, please call 01395 232377.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 6 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 7 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 8 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces