Subscribe to a county magazine
A subscription to a county magazine lets you discover everything there is to see and do in your area; from the best places to eat and drink to the most beautiful homes and gardens as well as luxury, local hideaways.
Choose from our 16 county magazines below..
Giving a gift subscription?
With free UK delivery direct to the door each month, plus access to the digital edition and 100s of previous issues on smartphone, tablet and desktop, a subscription is the perfect gift for family and friends. Follow the link below to order a county magazine subscription as a gift.
Need more help?
Lines are open Mon-Fri 8am-6pm
What is Great British Life?
Great British Life is our umbrella brand for all our 17 county life magazines.
Your subscription will give you access to our engaging content, which you can enjoy either in print or on a digital device, depending on your subscription type.
How much would I pay for a Great British Life Magazine in store?
Our cover price is what you would pay if you purchased our magazines in store.
Our cover prices are:
£4.99 for Cheshire Life and Norfolk Magazine
£4.50 for Cotswold Life, Derbyshire Life, Devon Life, Essex Life, Lancashire Life, Suffolk Magazine, Sussex Life and Yorkshire Life.
£3.99 for Cornwall Life, Hampshire Life, Hertfordshire Life, Kent Life, Somerset Life and Surrey Life.
£2.99 for Dorset Magazine
How do I Subscribe?
Become a Great British Life Magazine subscriber by heading to https://www.greatbritishlife.co.uk/subscribe . Once you’ve signed up, you will receive the next available print edition. This can take up to 28 days. With your new digital access, you will also be able to log in immediately and read the latest issue on up to 4 devices, including mobile, tablet and desktop.
How do I access my digital edition?
Go to the https://www.greatbritishlife.co.uk/magazines Homepage. Select the menu on the left hand side of the screen. Select the magazine title you wish to view and login when prompted.
To log in enter your email address and the password you created when subscribing.
I’ve forgotten my password. How do I reset it?
Visit https://www.greatbritishlife.co.uk and click the ‘LogIn' button in the top right of the screen.
Click the ‘I forgot my password’ link
Enter the email address associated with your subscription and click the ‘Restore’ button
You will be sent an email. Follow the steps in that email to set a new password for your account
How do I manage my subscription?
Please visit https://www.greatbritishlife.co.uk/my-account and login in if required (via the 'Log In' button in the top right corner).
Click/Tap the 'Library' header to view your subscriptions and select the active subscription you wish to manage.
You will then see the available options for amending your subscription as required.
How do I update my subscription account details?
Please visit https://www.greatbritishlife.co.uk/my-account and login in if required (via the Login button in the top right corner).
You will now see your subscription account details and can update the required fields.
Can I pay for my subscription by Cheque or Postal Order?
As of the 1st of January 2022, we are no longer able to accept cheques or postal orders as payments. Please call our customer care team on 0208 959 1173 or e-mail email@example.com to discuss alternative payment options.
Can I cancel my subscription before the end of my subscription period?
Archant has a cancellation on expiration policy unless you wish to cancel your subscription within the first 14 days of ordering. Full T&Cs can be found at: www.archant.co.uk
I don’t have an e-mail address, can I still set up a subscription?
Yes you can, but you will not be able to use our online subscription service and will miss out on all the great other services available to you such as our digital editions. If you wish to discuss your options, please contact our customer service team on 0208 959 1173.
I have not received my magazine for this month, what can I do?
Please email the customer service team on firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to look into this further for you and organise a replacement to be sent.
Can I pause my subscription when I go on holiday?
You are not able to pause the subscription however the great news is that you can use the digital access all year round.
Can I renew a gift subscription that I have purchased for someone else?
To renew a gift subscription, please go to https://www.greatbritishlife.co.uk/gift and choose the publication you would like to gift. You will be prompted to enter the giftee’s name and email address, when they redeem the gift, they will be prompted to enter their full address and the magazine will continue to be delivered as normal
I have purchased a gift subscription but have not been asked to enter an address
When your friend/family member redeems their subscription gift, they will be prompted to add their address for the magazine to be delivered to.
If you have any further questions or require assistance with your subscription, please contact us at email@example.com or on 020 8959 1173
Subscription Terms and Conditions
Sales and Services
A contract for us to supply you withgoods or services will only be created when we accept your order (which we maydo in writing, by email or by fulfilling that order). Goods and servicesadvertised on our subscription’s websites may not actually be available whenyou place your order as we reserve the right to withdraw services at any time.We will endeavour to deliver goods and provide services on the basis and inaccordance with the timescales mentioned on these sites, but time shall not beof the essence of those arrangements, and we will have no liability if we aredelayed in or prevented from providing the goods/services by factors beyond ourcontrol. Websites are made available on the basis that there are excluded, tothe extent permitted by law, any terms implied by statute or otherwise and allliability for any loss or damage however it arises out of the use of thewebsite or reliance on its content.
• A subscription will become invalid ifArchant is unable to secure payment for the service.
• If you have chosen to pay by directdebit, we will adhere to the guidelines set out in the Direct Debit guarantee.
• Your direct debit will appear on yourbank statement as follows;
o For Magazine subscriptions - “ArchantMag Subs”
o For Newspaper subscriptions -“Archant Newspapers”
• If you pay by credit or debit cardthe payment will appear as ARCHANT or if purchasing the France Calendar, itwill appear as GFM Holding on your statement.
• Archant reserves the right todiscontinue the subscription service at any point by entering into writtencorrespondence with the subscriber (by email and/or post). In the event that atitle ceases to publish, subscribers will be offered an alternative title forthe remaining duration of their subscription.
• Archant shall not be responsible forany failure in performing its obligations to the subscriber where this failureis caused by circumstances beyond Archant’s control.
• Archant shall not be responsible forany failure to deliver your subscription if you have supplied us with anincorrect address for delivery.
• Archant’s liability to the subscriberin connection with the subscription will not exceed the total subscription feescharged for the subscription period. Archant excludes all other liability to thesubscriber to the extent permitted by law. Archant’s exclusion of inabilityshall not apply to any damages arising from the death or personal injury causedby its negligence or that of any of Archant’s employees or agents.
• Archant has a cancellation onexpiration policy unless you wish to cancel your subscription within the first14 days of ordering. If a gift is included as part of the subscription offer,we reserve the right to request the return of the gift or value of the gift inthe event of an early cancellation of the subscription.
• Cancellations must be requestedeither by telephone or email. Please remember to detail the publication name,the registered e-mail address on your account and your full postal address. Bytelephone: 0208 959 1173. By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The digital subscriptions availableto purchase on the website are for personal use only and should not be sharedor accessed by multiple users. Should you require multiple user digital accessto a publication, please contact us about our corporate subscription packages.
• You will be able to access yoursubscription on up to four different devices during your subscription period.If you need to reset your devices after reaching this limit, please get intouch.
• Purchasing a digital subscriptionwill give you access to all available digital editions of the purchasedpublication (including past issues) for the duration of your subscription. Onceyour subscription ends, your access to the digital editions will end also.Should you then wish to access any editions you will need to purchase a newsubscription.
You will find the 'Redemption code’field on the relevant magazine subscription page. Please input your redemptioncode on the relevant subscription page.
• Gift subscriptions can only beredeemed against the specific magazine title purchased.
• Gift subscriptions are valid for 12months from the date of purchase.
• Gift subscriptions cannot be exchangedfor cash.
• We are not responsible if aredemption code is lost or used without permission.
• Please contact us if you have anyissues redeeming your code.
Platinum Jubilee Magazine OfferT&Cs:
UK only. Offer expires June 9th 2022. *Print & Digitalsavings are based on standard print cover price. Savings and pricing differdepending upon which magazine is subscribed to. The Direct Debit or cardpayment will automatically renew annually at the full subscription price unlesscancelled prior to the renewal date. *Our Queen's Platinum Reign' Magazine: Avalid email address and postal address for the gifter must be supplied at thetime of ordering. The free magazine is limited to only the first 500subscribers who subscribe to the 12 or 24 month Print & Digital or Digitalbundles and enter the code JUBILG2 at the checkout. We reserve the right towithdraw the offer at any time. The magazine will be sent out to the providedpostal address for the gifter after 14 working days of the subscriptionpayment. An email will also be sent to the Gift Recipient on the date specifiedat the time of ordering, which shall contain a Gift Code which is required toactivate the subscription. After 12 months the code shall not be valid and anyassociated subscription will expire. No refunds will be given for anynon-redemption of any Gift Codes. Archant lines are open 8am-6pm Mon-Fri (UKtime).
Super Sale Offer T&Cs:
UK only.Offer expires 13th May 2022. Print & Digital savings are based on standard printcover price, digital savings are based on the online digital subscriptionprice. Savings and pricing differ depending upon which magazine is subscribedto. The Direct Debit or card payment will automatically renew at the fullsubscription
price unlesscancelled prior to the renewal date. A valid email address must be supplied atthe time of ordering. An email will be sent to the Gift Recipient on the datespecified at the time of ordering, which shall contain a Gift Code which isrequired to activate the subscription. After 12 months the code shall not bevalid and any associated subscription will expire. No refunds will be given forany non-redemption of any Gift Codes. Lines are open 8am-6pm Mon-Fri (UK time).Full T&Cs can be found at www.archant.co.uk
Spring Sale Offer Offer T&C’s
UK only. Offer open to new subscribers only. Offer expires April20th 2022. Savings stated are based on the cover price of <Mag Name> anda 12 month print and digital subscription being purchased. Savings and pricingmay differ depending upon which magazine is subscribed to. The Direct Debit orcard payment will automatically renew annually at the full subscription priceunless cancelled prior to the renewal date. * Marks & Spencer (M&S) £10voucher: A valid email address must be supplied at the time of ordering. Wereserve the right to withdraw the offer at any time. 14 working days from thepurchase date an email will be sent to the registered email address with aunique e-code, which can be used directly on www.marksandspencer.com. M&Se-codes are subject to M&S’ terms and conditions. Please seewww.marksandspencer.com. If you cancel within 14 working days, we will refundany payments and you will not receive the code. The redemption code must beused within 24 months. Lines are open 8am-6pm Mon-Fri (UK time).