The Countrywide Great Tour route: places to eat and stay in Ryde
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Hampshire welcomes The Countrywide Great Tour this summer so we took a closer look at Ryde where cyclists will begin to arrive on 12 August as part of stage 40
The Countrywide Great Tour begins on 4 July and takes place over 64 days visiting a huge range of coastal locations across the UK. After departing Brighton Pier at 8.30am on 12 August, the tour arrives at Ryde Ferry Terminal the same afternoon.
If you’re taking part yourself or supporting a friend or family member during the tour, there’s plenty on offer in Ryde and the Isle of Wight. Here are a few suggestions...
Three Buoys - Appley Lane, Ryde, PO33 1ND; 01983 811212
Family run business overlooking the bay of Appley. Elegant food with big flavours, complimented by a carefully selected wine list.
- 1 Win a luxury Christmas hamper worth £250 from Bakers & Larners of Holt
- 2 WIN a stunning Jo Downs art piece worth £520
- 3 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 4 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 5 8 beautiful towns in Kent to visit over Christmas
- 6 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 7 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 8 Win a £5000 staycation in Cornwall
- 9 Magical Christmas markets in Kent 2021
- 10 12 of the best Christmas events in Surrey
Wights - 41 High Street, Ryde, PO33 2RE; 01983 618743
Fish and chips takeaway on the High Street in Ryde with rave reviews.
Olivo - 32-33 Union St, Ryde; 01983 611118
Dishes cooked with authentic Mediterranean products. Breakfast from 8am followed by a full menu from 12pm including pixxa, risotto, pasta and salads.
French Franks - 2 St Thomas’ Square, Ryde, PO33 2LS; 01983 716066
Fresh and fast food without skipping the quality, local ingredients and produce as well as premium Illy coffee, chocolate melts and frozen yoghurt shakes,
The Little Gloster - 31 Marsh Road, Gunard, Isle of Wight, PO31 8JQ; 01983 298776
Winner of the Restaurant of the Year award at the 2014 Hampshire Life Food & Drink Awards.
PLACES TO STAY
Yelf’s Hotel - Union Street, Ryde, PO33 2LG; 01983 564062
Bay Royal Esplanade Hotel - 16 Esplanade, Ryde, PO33 2ED; 01983 562549
Hotel Ryde Castle - The Esplanade, Ryde, PO33 1JA; 01983 563755
Appley Manor Hotel - Appley Road, Ryde, PO33 1PH; 01983 564777
Lakeside Park Hotel & Spa - High Street, Wootton Bridge, Ryde, PO33 4LU; 01983 882266