6 great walks on the Yorkshire Coast
- Credit: Archant
Good exercise and clean sea air, a recipe for a healthy lifestyle. You’re also rewarded with some stunning views of the beautiful Yorkshire coast.
Runswick Bay and Staithes
This walk links two of our most attractive coastal villages, Runswick Bay and Staithes. We first pass through bird-filled woodland at the Oakridge Nature Reserve and followed by a bracing cliff top walk.
Burniston and Scarborough
Whitby to Robin Hood's Bay
This route takes you straight up onto the cliff tops near Filey and keeps you there until the end. The views over the sands of Cayton Bay are spectacular with Scarborough Castle clearly visible in the distance.
This walk starts from the former fishing village of Flamborough itself and tiptoes along some of Yorkshire's most spectacular coastline where the ever-hungry sea has gnawed caves and coves, chasms and canyons into the chalk.
- 1 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 2 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 3 A positive outlook for the housing market for 2021
- 4 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 5 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 4 interesting places to visit in the Peak District
- 8 Celebrity TV doctor Amir Khan on how to beat the Covid blues
- 9 First Look: Cool Yorkshire gastro pub launches new boutique rooms
- 10 18 of the best lockdown takeaways across Yorkshire