6 of the best October walks in Yorkshire
- Credit: Archant
We looked through our archives to see what we recommended to you in previous years during October. NOTE: Safeguarding against the coronavirus is likley to be a part of everyday life for the forseeable future. We advise that two metres social distancing and checking the latest guidelines are the best course of action.
The White Horse at Kilburn
October 2019 issue
Take in one of Yorkshire’s finest vantage points, the panorama of wooded lands is simply stunning at this time of the year.
October 2018 issue
Take a walk in the South Pennines on this watery walk that passes by a number of reservoirs that dot the area.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 3 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 4 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 5 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 6 Win a two-night stay for two at the Telegraph Hotel in Coventry
- 7 Win a watercolour painting of Wat Tyler Country Park by artist James Merriott
- 8 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 9 23 places to find the best views in Devon
- 10 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
October 2017 issue
Take a stroll around wooded tracks in the North York Moors, it’s the time of year where you may catch a glimpse of purple heather on the moors.
October 2016 issue
A glorious walk in the Hambleton Hills past Rievaulx Abbey, walking through woodland at this time of year is a delight.
October 2015 issue
A strange quirk of the complex boundaries in this part of the world. You’re in Cumbria, but also within the boundaries of the Yorkshire Dales.
October 2014 issue
This walk was compiled a few years before Barbon was incorporated in the the Yorkshire Dales National Park in 2016, it’s easy to see why this part of the countryside was chosen.
All the routes were correct at the time of publication, over time access to certain parts of the walk may be subject to change. We advise you acquire a recent OS map of the area you plan to visit and assure there are no major changes.