2013 Cheshire Life Lancashire Life Food Awards sponsor event, Don Giovanni’s, Manchester
- Credit: Archant
One of the region’s finest Italian restaurants was the setting for a stylish lunch hosted by Cheshire Life and Lancashire Life.
The occasion, in a private room at Don Giovanni’s on Oxford Road in Manchester was an opportunity to thank sponsors and judges of this year’s Cheshire Life and Lancashire Life Food & Drink Awards.
Editor of Cheshire Life, Louise Allen-Taylor, welcomed guests and thanked the sponsors for their generosity and support.
She said: ‘As well as being a very glamorous occasion, our annual awards are now regarded as the most prestigious hospitality accolades in the region. We at Lancashire Life and Cheshire Life play a small but important role in highlighting the restaurants, hotels, pubs and food producers whose skills and services deserve praise and recognition.
‘The judges take the responsibility of their choices very seriously. They understand the passion and dedication of the key players. We are delighted that the awards allow us to pay tribute to them. We are particularly grateful to our sponsors whose involvement is so important.’
Family brewers Robinsons are the headline sponsors for the fifth year. Other sponsors include Stephensons catering supplies and Fiddlers Lancashire Crisps.
The Don Giovanni lunch began with a welcoming glass of a fine rich Prosecco, served by Salvatore Pagano. Don Giovanni’s kitchen brigade, led by head chef Roberto Tintis, created a menu which delighted the guests. Starters included Pate Della Casa (duck and chicken liver pate with toasted bread and cranberry compote) and Bruschetta Peperoni (roasted caramelised peppers and goats’ cheese). Mains included Salmon Adriatico (grilled salmon with asparagus and prawns in a white wine cream) and Tagliatelle al Funghi (fresh tagliatelle with wild mushrooms in cream sauce). For desserts, guests tucked into Panna Cotta with caramel sauce, Tiramisu or sorbets and ice cream.
- 1 Where and when to watch The Queen's Jubilee Flypast
- 2 World record broken for 'Largest Gathering of People Dressed as Vampires' at Whitby Abbey
- 3 10 Derbyshire events celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 10 Cotswolds events celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 5 Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday Celebrations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Cotswold designers win big at Chelsea Flower Show in 2022
- 7 Review: Chicago the Musical at Manchester Opera House
- 8 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
- 9 What's on in Norfolk June 2022
- 10 Have you heard of Essex's secret celebrity island, which has hosted Rihanna, Jude Law and Stormzy?
Cheshire Life and Lancashire Life Food and Drink Awards is on October 28th at the Hilton Hotel, Manchester.
Follow the hashtag #lifefoodawards on twitter to get the latest updates.
Don Giovanni, 1-2 Peter House, Oxford Street, Manchester, M1 5AN. 0161 228 2482.