2015 Strictly St. Rocco’s ballroom dancing event raises £60,000
- Credit: Archant
Sequins and sparkles, lights and music created the glitziest event on the fundraising calendar of St Rocco’s Hospice.
Strictly St. Rocco’s at The Mere in Knutsford gave eight amateur dancers the fabulous opportunity of taking to the floor with professional partners.
They were cheered on by an audience whose generosity helped the evening raise a staggering £60,000 for the hospice.
The event, sponsored by retail recruitment consultants Zachary Daniels, is based on the popular BBC1 series and featured Coronation Street star Les Dennis as a special guest judge, alongside last year’s winner Ben Dunne – Head at Penketh High - and dance experts Ralph Casson and Victoria Bennett.
Professional dancers were supplied by Cadman’s Dance School in Sale, who have supported the event for the last three years. The evening was hosted by radio personality Roger Phillips and businesswoman and dancer Tracy Griffiths.
Hayley Smith, Editor of the Warrington Guardian, danced with Alex Whyatt and won over the judges and audience with her energetic Cha Cha Cha, taking the Strictly St. Rocco’s crown for 2015.
Hospice patron Ian Mackinnon was named runner-up for his cheeky Charleston, pairing up with professional dancer Natalie Goodier to deliver an entertaining finale.
- 1 7 must visit waterside pubs in Sussex
- 2 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 3 10 North Yorkshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 4 10 Lancashire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 5 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 6 10 Derbyshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 7 10 Somerset pubs to enjoy a drink with a view
- 8 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 9 6 luxury places to stay in Suffolk
- 10 18 cottages that will make you want to move to Hampshire
Lauren Tilston, fundraising manager at St. Rocco’s, said: ‘We are absolutely staggered by how much money was raised by this year’s event, doubling what was raised in 2014 .It really was a night to remember and on behalf of all at St. Rocco’s I’d like to say a huge thank you to everyone who contributed to such a successful occasion.’