A look ahead to the Deepbridge Chester Arts Fair at Chester Racecourse
- Credit: not Archant
Artists from across the world will showcase their work at Chester Racecourse
The fifth Deepbridge Chester Arts Fair will be held at Chester Racecourse this month, with over 2,000 pieces of art on display to purchase.
British and international artists and galleries will exhibit their works from November 18-20 and the event will feature a full programme of talks and demonstrations by well-recognized artists, giving an insight to the process of creating art as well as the artists’ personal source of inspiration.
Highlights of the weekend will include live sculpting by international artist Ben Dearnley, who was commissioned for the London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics, as well as complimentary Therapeutic Art Workshops for hands-on tutoring in Abstract Art painting.
New to the fair is the Display Room, a room designed for visitors to envision their chosen pieces of art in a setting that replicates the interior of a house.
Building on success from the previous year, the New Artist area will be returning to the fair, providing a platform for emerging artists to present their work and originality to a wider audience.
Art Fair co-director Laura O’Hare said: ‘The fair has grown to be the biggest visual art show in the region, featuring over 90 exhibitors. We are excited to have an international flavour this year with artists from Asia, Middle East and Europe. We are also excited to be increasing the live art programmes and workshops which will appeal to families and art enthusiasts alike.’
- 1 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 2 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 4 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 5 The Hairy Bikers hit West Yorkshire
- 6 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 7 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 8 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 9 Alport Castles - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 10 Magical Christmas markets in Kent 2021
The dedicated children’s area is open to children of all ages, offering them a range of free fun arts and crafts activities. w
The fair will open on November 18 with a VIP charity preview for Hospice of the Good Shephard. The fair will be open on November 19 and 20 from 10.30am to 5pm. For tickets visit chesterartsfair.co.uk or register to enter at the fair on the day