A special day out for you
- Credit: sub
Somerset Life has joined up with Yeo Valley to offer readers a specially-tailored, fun-filled day out
The day will take place on 2 July in and around the Yeo Valley family farm, home of delicious British organic yogurts, milk and lots of other dairy products.
Nestled into the side of the Mendip Hills and deep within the Somerset countryside you w ill be able to enjoy a day of breath taking views across the beautiful Yeo Valley from the moment you arrive until it is time to say farewell.
After taking in the valley v iews w ith your morning coffee you w ill spend the morning in the Yeo Valley Organic Garden w ith Yeo’s f riendly garden team.
You w ill not only come away w ith expert tips on organic gardening but w ill also have the chance to pick an array of beautiful flowers f rom the 6 ½ ac res of diverse planting patches and meadow ready for the afternoon’s ac tiv ities.
After a morning in the f resh countr y air you w ill then enjoy a homemade, two - course lunch using produce sourced f rom in and around the valley.
Once you have had a chance to unw ind and relax over lunch it w ill then be time to learn some top tips f rom loc al S omerset florist B ee in the afternoon flower arranging session.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 4 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 5 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 6 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 Al fresco dining in Cornwall: 9 of the best places to go
B ee w ill r un a prac tic al workshop for all abilities, to look at the best ways to pick and work w ith flowers straight f rom the garden. There w ill be lots of demonstrations so you c an pick up helpful tips and techniques plus the opportunity to arrange seasonal c ut flowers f rom Yeo Valley Organic Garden to make a lovely hand tied bouquet to take home. Perfec t for flower arranging, to brighten your home or for c reating lovely gifts to give to f riends.The day w ill then end w ith a slice of f reshly baked c ake and a c up of tea before you head home nicely tired f rom the f resh air w ith your beautiful f resh flowers in hand.
Other info for the day:
Address: Yeo Valley Organic Garden,
Holt Farm, Bath Road, Blagdon, BS40 7SQ
When: 2 July
Price: £50 per person
Florist: Bee from boutiqueflorists.com in Wells, Somerset
Timings: 10am – 4.30pm
Goodie bags to take away
To book your ticket, email Jill at email@example.com or call 01761 461425