Adopt a Phone Box
There are currently a large number of the traditional red BT phone boxes available for adoption in the Cotswolds, including ones in Cheltenham, Sezincote, Tetbury and Upper Rissington
Act now to Adopt a Phone Box!
There are currently a large number of phone boxes available for adoption in the Cotswolds, including ones in Cheltenham, Sezincote, Tetbury and Upper Rissington.
Parish Councils and local authorities across the UK have until July 31 to adopt before they lose a vital part of their heritage and the opportunity to create something beneficial for the community.
This programme has been designed to protect our heritage and culture, provide a practical solution or simply bring a bit of joy and inspiration to the community across the UK. Successful adoptions have seen phone boxes turned into a grocery store, wildlife centres, book-swaps, pubs and life-saving sites (with defibrillators).
Who’s dialled in and why more awareness needs to be raised
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 5 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 8 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 9 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 10 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
Notables who have dialled in on this opportunity include Queen’s Brian May, while the Community Heartbeat Trust Charity has also really helped out with the defibrillators, proving a very popular method of adoption.
If you want to save a vital part of our heritage you don’t have long as the closing date is Sunday, July 31, so act now!
Visit Adopt a Phone Box to find out more.