Adopt a Phone Box
There are currently a large number of the traditional red BT phone boxes available for adoption in the Cotswolds, including ones in Cheltenham, Sezincote, Tetbury and Upper Rissington
Act now to Adopt a Phone Box!
There are currently a large number of phone boxes available for adoption in the Cotswolds, including ones in Cheltenham, Sezincote, Tetbury and Upper Rissington.
Parish Councils and local authorities across the UK have until July 31 to adopt before they lose a vital part of their heritage and the opportunity to create something beneficial for the community.
This programme has been designed to protect our heritage and culture, provide a practical solution or simply bring a bit of joy and inspiration to the community across the UK. Successful adoptions have seen phone boxes turned into a grocery store, wildlife centres, book-swaps, pubs and life-saving sites (with defibrillators).
Who’s dialled in and why more awareness needs to be raised
- 1 5 of the best places to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 2 Heatwave reveals ancient Yorkshire bridge
- 3 Cheshire walk - Anderton Boat Lift and Nature Park
- 4 See photos of the last time Ladybower revealed its submerged village
- 5 How to spend a day out in magical St Albans
- 6 The incredible Cornish stone structures with an exceptional history
- 7 17 amazing experience days in Hampshire
- 8 Win the Cobra MX3440V Cordless Lawnmower
- 9 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 10 Win a luxury 2-night Lake District getaway to the Skiddaw Hotel worth £500
Notables who have dialled in on this opportunity include Queen’s Brian May, while the Community Heartbeat Trust Charity has also really helped out with the defibrillators, proving a very popular method of adoption.
If you want to save a vital part of our heritage you don’t have long as the closing date is Sunday, July 31, so act now!
Visit Adopt a Phone Box to find out more.