Adopt a Phone Box
There are currently a large number of the traditional red BT phone boxes available for adoption in the Cotswolds, including ones in Cheltenham, Sezincote, Tetbury and Upper Rissington
Act now to Adopt a Phone Box!
There are currently a large number of phone boxes available for adoption in the Cotswolds, including ones in Cheltenham, Sezincote, Tetbury and Upper Rissington.
Parish Councils and local authorities across the UK have until July 31 to adopt before they lose a vital part of their heritage and the opportunity to create something beneficial for the community.
This programme has been designed to protect our heritage and culture, provide a practical solution or simply bring a bit of joy and inspiration to the community across the UK. Successful adoptions have seen phone boxes turned into a grocery store, wildlife centres, book-swaps, pubs and life-saving sites (with defibrillators).
Who’s dialled in and why more awareness needs to be raised
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 8 charming market towns you need to visit in Somerset
- 3 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 4 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 5 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 Win a Mini-Moon experience for two at The Feathered Nest in the Cotswolds
- 9 6 great walks near Skipton
- 10 The best walks in Dorset to see the autumn leaves
Notables who have dialled in on this opportunity include Queen’s Brian May, while the Community Heartbeat Trust Charity has also really helped out with the defibrillators, proving a very popular method of adoption.
If you want to save a vital part of our heritage you don’t have long as the closing date is Sunday, July 31, so act now!
Visit Adopt a Phone Box to find out more.