Bideford care home win Best Carer Award
- Credit: Archant
Kenwith Castle’s Bela Racz is celebrating with colleagues and residents after being named ‘Residential Carer of the Year’ at Care South’s annual Stars Awards ceremony.
Bela was nominated by residents and their relatives, who all recognised his reliability and professionalism in his work, as well as his cheerful and friendly approach.
Home Matron at Kenwith Castle, Rae Vanstone, said: “Bela is a very popular carer at Kenwith Castle. Residents respond to his gentle, patient nature and pleasant manner. Nothing is too much trouble for him and we’re delighted that he’s been recognised by this award.”
Care South, a leading provider of high quality, innovative residential and home care services across the South of England, announced the winners of its annual awards at an event last week at the RNLI College in Poole, Dorset.
The awards highlight and reward innovation, good practice and achievement among staff who have been nominated by their colleagues and people who receive their services.
Susan Willoughby, Chief Executive of Care South, said: “We’re very proud of our staff and their hard work and commitment. We regularly see individuals like Bela going the extra mile and making a real difference, so the Stars Awards are a great way for us to say thank you to them.
“The winners of the awards have inspired colleagues, residents and service users with their exceptional performance and we’re very pleased to be able to give them special recognition.”
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 6 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 7 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 8 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces