Bideford care home win Best Carer Award
- Credit: Archant
Kenwith Castle’s Bela Racz is celebrating with colleagues and residents after being named ‘Residential Carer of the Year’ at Care South’s annual Stars Awards ceremony.
Bela was nominated by residents and their relatives, who all recognised his reliability and professionalism in his work, as well as his cheerful and friendly approach.
Home Matron at Kenwith Castle, Rae Vanstone, said: “Bela is a very popular carer at Kenwith Castle. Residents respond to his gentle, patient nature and pleasant manner. Nothing is too much trouble for him and we’re delighted that he’s been recognised by this award.”
Care South, a leading provider of high quality, innovative residential and home care services across the South of England, announced the winners of its annual awards at an event last week at the RNLI College in Poole, Dorset.
The awards highlight and reward innovation, good practice and achievement among staff who have been nominated by their colleagues and people who receive their services.
Susan Willoughby, Chief Executive of Care South, said: “We’re very proud of our staff and their hard work and commitment. We regularly see individuals like Bela going the extra mile and making a real difference, so the Stars Awards are a great way for us to say thank you to them.
“The winners of the awards have inspired colleagues, residents and service users with their exceptional performance and we’re very pleased to be able to give them special recognition.”
- 1 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 2 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 3 Simon Reeve explores the Lake District his new series
- 4 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 6 Win an amazing festive break for two in Devon
- 7 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 8 Star cast unveiled for new ITV crime drama set in North Devon
- 9 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
- 10 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021