Black Swan Pub
- Credit: Archant
The Black Swan Pub has long been a haven of refreshment, just off the beaten track between Congleton and Wilmslow, a tranquil place for visitors to rest and recharge amidst some of England’s most beautiful countryside.
Never before has it offered hospitality quite like today having undergone a truly remarkable transformation encapsulating everything a true English pub ought.
After a six-month renovation, the independently owned Black Swan has re-launched under the impressive tutelage of its big sister The Swan Hotel & Spa at Newby Bridge in Cumbria - an award winning hotel, restaurant and spa. At the heart of the offer is the food, which provides a delicious tribute to traditional specialities, British classics and the produce of the Black Swan’s local food heroes, the extraordinary artisan suppliers of Cheshire.
The Black Swan offers a wonderfully relaxing environment with friendly and knowledgeable service. Outside, a sprawling terrace and French boules area, take centre stage alongside a wood fired pizza oven and festoon lighting. Indoors, romantic log burning fires have been installed; housed under oak beams amidst a collision of traditional and modern décor.
The interior is set against the backdrop of Liberty print and Designers Guild textures, quirky antiques and beguiling wall hangings.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 3 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 4 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 5 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 6 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 7 8 secluded secret beaches in North Devon
- 8 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 9 17 of the best things to do in Essex for free
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
Open from 10am for morning coffee, breakfast or brunch, The Black Swan offers a full service menu right through until the evening. The luncheon menu features soups, sandwiches and salads including a delicious flatbread selection as well as platters and standard pub favourites.