Brainwave annual charity clay pigeon shoot, Eaton estate
- Credit: Archant
The children’s charity Brainwave held its annual clay pigeon shoot on the 10,000 acre Eaton estate, home of the Duke of Westminster.
The event was attended by 21 teams drawn from blue chip companies across the region including four teams from Capital Properties who battled it out to win a number of competitions and prizes. There were prizes for top teams, top gun and top lady gun together with a ‘Should Have Gone to Specsavers’ award for the individual with the lowest score, which was donated by Specsavers Chester.
Hunters Land Rover of Chester were on hand to chauffeur teams around the Estate and between stands, the most popular being a model Gnat aeroplane, regarded by many as the ultimate fun target on a clay pigeon shoot.
The shooting was followed by a lunch and prizegiving in Eaton Hall’s Wolf Room where auctioneer Chris Mills did a magnificent job in ensuring frenzied bidding swelled funds raised on the day.
Carole Headley, North West Development Manager at Brainwave said:’It’s a tough market organising charity events in the current economic climate and we want to thank our supporters who helped and contributed to making the day a great success and raise nearly £20,000.’
Bob Dyson, Chairman of Brainwave’s North West Development Group since it was established in 2009 said:
‘Our fourth annual clay pigeon shoot in the spectacular setting of the Eaton Estate is now a firmly established event in Brainwave’s fund raising calendar. I love welcoming our supporters to the day which is only possible thanks to the generosity of their Graces, the Duke and Duchess of Westminster. The event enables the Brainwave charity not only to raise funds but importantly increase awareness of the invaluable service it provides to children and their families.’
- 1 Waterfalls, Weirs and Cascades of the Peak District
- 2 These are the Cornwall beaches awarded Blue Flag status in 2022
- 3 4 fab places to dine in Devon
- 4 10 top Devon foodie experiences
- 5 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: 13 events to celebrate in Cornwall
- 6 22 fab half term and Jubilee activities in Devon
- 7 Archaeologists reveal stunning find at ancient Cornish monument
- 8 13 of the best seaside towns in England
- 9 Win a Stay at The Merchant's Yard, Tideswell in the Peak District
- 10 Win a champagne and jewellery shopping day in Harrogate worth £500
Brainwave works with families to provide home-based therapy and exercise programmes that help children with disabilities and developmental delay to achieve their potential.