Bring The Happy Live
- Credit: Archant
Bring The Happy Live is a spectacular culmination of a project mapping moments and memories of happiness in Exeter and across the country. For three nights only, Friday 28 - Sunday 30 March 2014, 8pm The Met Office, Exeter
The Met Office plays host to Bring The Happy Live, a theatre event mapping and celebrating happiness in Exeter.
An intimate and interactive evening somewhere between a wedding and a wake,
The project will begin with artists, Invisible Flock, occupying a disused shop in Exeter High Street. Armed with giant maps of Exeter and stacks of tea, they will invite passers-by to come in and share a memory – a first kiss, a longed-for baby, a chance encounter.
Monitoring where it happened and how happy, on a scale of one to ten the memory should be rated, the artists will attempt to draw a map of Exeter’s happiness. The memories collected - sometimes beautiful, sometimes tragic and sometimes completely ridiculous - will then be added to those from elsewhere in the UK and retold in a moving, joyous and entertaining show with live music from the 6–piece rock band, Hope and Social.
Felicity Liggins, Climate Adaptation Scientist at Met Office said; ‘We are delighted to host this special event. The Met Office has huge national and international significance but my Exeter based colleagues are proud of our local community. Bring the Happy Live will help us celebrate this wonderful city in a unique and entertaining way.’
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 5 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 8 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 9 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 10 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces