British Folk at its finest
- Credit: Archant
Continuing a series of highly popular ‘Folk In The Bar’ evenings at The Roses, legendary singer-songwriter Steve Ashley returns for the fourth time to the Tewkesbury venue for an intimate performance on Tuesday, May 28 at 8.30pm.
With a string of highly-acclaimed solo albums to his name, Steve Ashley is a folk-rock singer of international renown. For 40 years, his songs have won the respect of critics and fellow-performers alike, prompting cover versions by many leading folk artists including Fairport Convention, Anne Briggs, Wizz Jones, Martin Simpson, Phil Beer, St Agnes Fountain and The Bushwackers.
His award-winning debut album ‘Stroll On’ (Gull, 1974) is now widely regarded as a folk-rock classic and his most recent release for Topic Records ‘Time and Tide’ was described by fROOTS as ‘a modern day masterpiece’.
Steve is a natural showman with what New York’s Variety magazine described as ‘one of the funniest of dry stage raps’.
A founder member of The Albion Country Band, Ragged Robin and his own Steve Ashley Band, Steve has also performed a number of orchestral concerts with the celebrated arranger, Robert Kirby. At The Roses he will be solo once more, performing new songs along with old favourites from his long back catalogue.
With the bar open throughout the evening, an evening in the company of one of British folk’s finest musicians is the perfect opportunity for any folk enthusiast to spend a summer evening.
Tickets cost £9 each and are available from The Roses’ Box Office on 01684 295074 or online at www.rosestheatre.org
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 4 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 5 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 6 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 7 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 8 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 Al fresco dining in Cornwall: 9 of the best places to go