Buoyant market tipped to increase interest in farmhouse with scope for conversion
- Credit: Archant
With agricultural land in demand across the West rural property specialists Bruton Knowles are experiencing brisk interest in Rock Farm near Westbury-on-Severn.
For sale by informal tender, the farmhouse, buildings and land amounting to some 15 acres offers a unique opportunity to acquire a substantial farm property just off the A48 Chepstow Road.
Julian Capewell from Bruton Knowles said the attractive Grade II-listed farmhouse offered six bedrooms as well as a family kitchen and dining room, two large living rooms and other accommodation arranged over three storeys. “Although the farmhouse and more particularly the outbuildings are in need of some renovation and modernisation, Rock Farm represents an ideal opportunity for those looking to expand their property portfolio - and stay within the general area of the city of Gloucester.”
The 19th century farmhouse has remained untouched for some years but retains a wide range of period features including a stained glass window on the ground floor, flagstone floors, open fireplaces, oak floors and period beams. Outbuildings include a two-storey stone barn, covered yard, cow shed and block-built pens adjoining some 15 acres of pasture land. Westbury-on-Severn is a popular village which retains many facilities including a school, surgeries and post office.
Julian Capewell said: “Rock Farm also offers considerable scope for restoration and conversion, subject to the usual planning conditions. As well as the range of buildings there is also an enclosed garden, vegetable patch and pond.” The property will also be of interest to those looking to take advantage of fast-rising land values. “The market continues to recover lost ground with farmers and landowners who have previously sold land for development finding that re-investing in agricultural land offers the most reliable returns.”
For sale through informal tender, best offers should be submitted by Friday March 13 2015.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
- 3 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 4 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 5 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 6 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 7 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 8 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 9 Bluebell walks in Suffolk: Beautiful spring woodlands to explore
- 10 Bluebell woods in Derbyshire: Top 5 places to go for woodland walks