- Credit: Archant
Burford House is a stunning 17th Century Cotswold stone hotel which has been caringly restored and refurbished by its owner Ian Hawkins.
One of the most highly regarded small hotels in the area it has received the prestigious AA 5 Star Guest Accommodation Highly Commended award. The team prides themselves on their outstanding service and attention to detail.
From the moment you step over the doorstep, you will feel the warmth and ambiance of one of the Cotswold’s finest. Whether you want to chill out in front of the wood burning stove in the sitting room or relax in the garden room enjoying afternoon tea, a drink before dinner or that nightcap before you retire to your luxurious room you will feel completely at ease in these surroundings.
Burford House boasts eight individually designed bedrooms oozing charm and character with unbelievable over-sized luxurious en-suites bathrooms with power showers.
- 1 9 cosy pubs in Devon to warm up in this winter
- 2 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 3 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 5 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 6 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 7 The Hairy Bikers hit West Yorkshire
- 8 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
- 9 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 10 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
The beautifully appointed Centre Stage restaurant within Burford House is open to both guests and the public. It has a stunning view across the high street through its dual aspect leaded light windows. A combination of original features including the stone fire-place and exposed beams which sit in harmony with the original theatre posters and art works that make the backdrop to this dining experience.
From award-winning breakfasts, morning coffee to the lunch menu with its light bites as well as 3 course options, wicked afternoon teas with homemade scones, cakes and pastries, which are often considered to be the best in the area, not withstanding the a la carte dinner menu which changes monthly.
The chef prepares everything in-house and all the organic vegetables, meats and poultry which are sourced locally where possible, are freshly cooked to order. To complement our fine dining experience we have a fine selection of wines and champagnes.