Business is booming at One St Aldates
- Credit: Archant
Demand for serviced office space at One St. Aldates, part of Oxford Town Hall, has reached an unprecedented high with 90 per cent occupancy achieved in just three months since opening, thanks to a successful collaboration between Oxford Innovation and the City Council.
Centre occupancy has outperformed predictions from Oxford Innovation’s management team by 14 per cent with One St. Aldates already providing a home to ten growing businesses including:
· Optimore Ltd, a comparison technology company that uses mathematical probability to help clients save money and make smarter purchases in media services
· Aurora Energy Research, a company that provides data and analytics on UK, European and global energy markets
· Euro Intelligence, providing the financial sector with daily briefings for the eurozone
Based on data from Oxford Innovation’s Business Survival and Growth Report, published in July 2014, it is estimated that at least 127 gross jobs* will be created by businesses located at One St. Aldates throughout Oxford Innovation’s ten-year lease.
Margaret Hewitt, Centre Director, One St. Aldates, said: “To have a contemporary professional working environment in one of Oxford’s historic buildings is an attractive proposition for any business and has helped to increase centre occupancy beyond all expectations. However, there is still space available and companies are only committed to a two month notice period making it an ideal option for start-ups and growing businesses.”
- 1 Win a unique candles and country house prize
- 2 WIN flowers, chocolates and Prosecco for Valentine's Day
- 3 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 4 Win a relaxing spa stay for two at The QHotels Collection
- 5 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest near the Peak District
- 6 The Hairy Bikers Go North to the Peak District
- 7 5 of the best winter walks in and around Cheshire
- 8 3 walks for foodies in Derbyshire
- 9 5 of the best places to see Snowdrops in Hampshire in 2022
- 10 The best food and drink festivals in Yorkshire in 2022
One St. Aldates has been created as part of the City Council’s aim to increase the range of office accommodation available for start-up and small to medium sized businesses in the city centre.
Councillor Bob Price, Leader of Oxford City Council says: “I am delighted by the rapid uptake of office space in the Town Hall by the city’s innovative start-ups. The City Council will continue to work with stakeholders, such as key starter-unit providers, to promote economic growth and prosperity for the city.”
Based in the newly renovated wing of Oxford Town Hall, One St. Aldates covers four floors offering 6,500 sq. ft. of serviced offices ranging from 75 sq. ft. – 1,020 sq. ft. accommodating 1 – 15 people. The attractive periodic features are evident throughout in addition to stunning views across the city centre.