Care after Combat Resolution Ball, Chester Grosvenor Hotel.
- Credit: Pics; John Cocks
There was plenty of fun and laughter at the Care after Combat Resolution Ball at the Chester Grosvenor Hotel.
To start the night, guests enjoyed a Prosecco reception while comedian Jim Davidson OBE, one of the founders of the charity, mingled and chatted to everyone.
Guests were delighted by performances from The Valley Military Wives Choir who volunteered their services for the occasion.
After a three-course dinner, entertainment continued from the Royal Welsh. Throughout the night, Jim kept the evening light and fun, including hosting a game of heads and tails where the winner won a magnum of military engraved Bollinger. Darryl Heaton, organiser of the event, alongside Rosie Heaton, presented the raffle prizes, and guests had the chance to win a weekend break in a country cottage.
As well as raising awareness for Care after Combat, which provides professional assistance for the well-being of veterans and their families, the event also raised an amazing £21,000.
This will go towards funding further support work.
Music from a band, Dexter, kept guests dancing the night away.
- 1 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 2 Who is the real Hampshire soldier behind BBC Two's new drama Danny Boy?
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 6 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 7 Win a modern Guernsey cushion cover kit
- 8 Cornwall's weirdest pub names
- 9 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 10 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex