How Cats Protection help care for abandoned cats across the country
- Credit: Archant
To live is to be loved - And for some cats, there’s not enough love to go around
200,000 cats and kittens helped every year, but still many more need help.
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity. Through our network of over 250 volunteer-run branches and 34 centres, we help care for abandoned cats and kittens across the UK.
Our vision is a world where every cat is treated with kindness and an understanding of its needs.
It’s an ambitious vision. However, we truly believe it can be achieved because of our passion, our professional approach and simply because cats are among the UK’s most popular companion pets.
We have simple and clear objectives to help cats:
• Homing – we help to find good homes for cats in need
- 1 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 2 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 5 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 6 Win £500 of Gallox fashionwear
- 7 Blue Flag Beaches in Kent 2021
- 8 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 9 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 10 Win a two-night stay for two at the Telegraph Hotel in Coventry
• Neutering – we promote the benefits of neutering to prevent unwanted litters from being born and becoming the abandoned cats of tomorrow
• Information – we improve people’s understanding of cats and their care and help to educate people of all ages about cats and their welfare requirements
We live in a world where there are many more cats than available homes and yet large numbers of unneutered cats are still allowed to have kittens. Sadly, abandoned and neglected cats remain commonplace.
At any one time we can have many thousands of cats in our care across the country. And there are many more that need our help. They may be abandoned, unwanted, mistreated or seeking a new home because their owners can’t care for them any longer. Old, sick, frightened…each cat that arrives in our care is different and we are committed to giving each and every one, the love and care they need for as long as it takes to find them a loving home.
Every cat that comes into us is health checked, treated for fleas and worms and vaccinated and neutered to get them ready for rehoming. We also microchip every cat, so that if they do become separated from their new owner the pair can be quickly reunited.
This dedication ensures the best possible start in their new life. However, such a high level of care comes at a high cost. From the moment a cat comes into our care, to the happy day they leave with their new family, we will do all we can to ensure the best start in their new home.
We never put a healthy cat to sleep
It is our ambition to help even more cats than we do already and cats and their welfare are at the heart of everything we do.
We can only be there for all the cats and kittens that need us with the support of kind friends, friends who are caring and generous cat lovers kind enough to consider making a significant gift towards our work. Not only can you help us to continue to offer shelter, food and care to thousands of unwanted cats and kittens – you can also help to make the world a better place for every cat by helping to educate people to become better owners and by supporting neutering programmes that will stop unplanned litters becoming the unwanted cats of tomorrow.
Can you help give cats a better today and a brighter tomorrow?
Please consider becoming a Friend of our new Black Cat Society. For further information, please contact Mandy Pope our Major Gift Manager on 01625 877 208 or email Mandy email@example.com