Cheshire Down’s Syndrome Support Group charity dinner
- Credit: Archant
An inaugural charity dinner hosted by rugby union player Iesytn Harris, raises a huge amount for a local Down’s syndrome support charity.
An inaugural charity dinner hosted by ex-Leeds Rhinos and Welsh rugby national team player Iesytn Harris, raises a huge amount for a local Down’s syndrome support charity.
Over 100 guests, including Coronation Street stars Lee Boardman and Jennifer James attended the dinner at Lymm Golf Club and raised over £17,000 for Cheshire Down’s Syndrome Support Group.
A round of golf in the company of Bryan Robson, a meet and greet with the Welsh national football team and breakfast with the Warrington Wolves rugby team were some of the spectacular prizes that were won on evening.
Cheshire Down’ Syndrome Support Group was formed nearly 10 years ago by three mum’s who left hospital with their early diagnosis new-born’s, with very little or no information on Down’s syndrome. Their aim was to ensure that all families had access to information and support both pre and post-natal.
Since then, the charity has grown to support over two hundred families and professionals throughout Cheshire through advice, information and training.
More information can be found at www.cheshiredownssyndrome.com
- 1 The Hairy Bikers Yorkshire Food Tour
- 2 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
- 3 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 11 best Devon Christmas markets for 2021
- 5 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 6 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 7 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 8 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 9 The Hairy Bikers Go North to explore the Yorkshire coast
- 10 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween