Cheshire Down’s Syndrome Support Group charity dinner
- Credit: Archant
An inaugural charity dinner hosted by rugby union player Iesytn Harris, raises a huge amount for a local Down’s syndrome support charity.
An inaugural charity dinner hosted by ex-Leeds Rhinos and Welsh rugby national team player Iesytn Harris, raises a huge amount for a local Down’s syndrome support charity.
Over 100 guests, including Coronation Street stars Lee Boardman and Jennifer James attended the dinner at Lymm Golf Club and raised over £17,000 for Cheshire Down’s Syndrome Support Group.
A round of golf in the company of Bryan Robson, a meet and greet with the Welsh national football team and breakfast with the Warrington Wolves rugby team were some of the spectacular prizes that were won on evening.
Cheshire Down’ Syndrome Support Group was formed nearly 10 years ago by three mum’s who left hospital with their early diagnosis new-born’s, with very little or no information on Down’s syndrome. Their aim was to ensure that all families had access to information and support both pre and post-natal.
Since then, the charity has grown to support over two hundred families and professionals throughout Cheshire through advice, information and training.
More information can be found at www.cheshiredownssyndrome.com
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 6 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography