CHESS The Musical comes to Cheltenham
- Credit: Archant
Promenade Productions will be presenting a fully staged production of CHESS with a full Orchestra at The Bacon Theatre from July 8-11
Played out on an international stage and filled with political intrigue, CHESS the musical explores a romantic triangle between two players in a world Chess championship and the woman who manages one of the players and falls in love with the other. CHESS features such well-know numbers “I know him so well”, “One night in Bangkok” and “Anthem”.
Set in the 1970’s at a time when tensions created by the Cold War were easing, the storyline for CHESS is based on one of the most surreal of all Cold War confrontations – the Chess tournament between the USA and the USSR. The characters of the protagonists are loosely based on the those of Victor Korchnoi and Bobby Fischer and the Championship held in Merano, Italy.
The Lyrics are by Tim Rice and the Music by Benny Andersson and Bjorn Ulvaeus, both formerly of ABBA. This production of CHESS is directed by Daphne Herbert with musical direction from David Whittle assisted by Amber Smith. Choreography is by Elizabeth Warner.
CHESS will be performed at The Bacon Theatre from July 8-11 at 7.30pm
For booking, contact the Bacon Theatre Box Office on 01242 258002 or alternatively book online: www.promenadeproductions.co.uk
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 3 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 8 great family walks in the North West
- 7 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 8 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 9 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
- 10 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings