Coming soon: Stroud Book Festival 2017
- Credit: Archant
Literary magic will be in the air when the Stroud Book Festival returns to the vibrant Gloucestershire town
Stroud Book Festival is coming to town! Running from November 2 until 5, it promises to be gloriously entertaining and inspired by the creative, dynamic and eclectic community of Stroud and the surrounding area.
For fans of fine food and drink, prepare to be taken on a culinary odyssey through Italy by celebrated food critic and author Matthew Fort.
For a shared literary experience join readers of Gloucestershire for THE BIG READ and then join author William Fiennes at our headline event at the festival.
Acclaimed authors Rachel Joyce and Cathy Rentzenbrink will be hosting a very special event, Writing To the Heart.
There’s a fabulously fun line-up for family and children including John Dougherty, Tom Percival, Martha Lightfoot, Tracey Corderoy, Tracey Spiers, Hannah Shaw and Andy Seed.
For something completely off the wall, join Elvis impersonator Joe Reeve for Tonight With Elvis or the residents of Hopeless, Maine for an evening of gothic fantasy with a twist of steampunk and unruly magic. Or find a poetic cure from The Emergency Poet, who will be offering consultations and treatments inside her 1970s ambulance around Stroud.
For further information on any of these events visit the Stroud Book Festival website.
You can also take a look at Sue Limb’s overview of Stroud Book Festival here.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
- 3 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 4 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 5 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 6 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 7 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 8 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 9 Bluebell walks in Suffolk: Beautiful spring woodlands to explore
- 10 Bluebell woods in Derbyshire: Top 5 places to go for woodland walks