Construction underway on Moog’s new Tewkesbury facility
- Credit: Archant
Commercial property developers Chase Commercial Ltd and joint venture partners Hortons’ Estate have begun construction of a 44,000 sq ft purpose-built engineering, production and office facility for Moog Controls Limited at Ashchurch 9, Tewkesbury in Gloucestershire.
The scheme is expected to take a year to complete and be ready for occupation by Moog in early summer 2015.
The new two storey facility will deliver 23,842 sq ft of manufacturing space with an additional 20,053 sq ft of office space to support both hydraulic and electric motion control applications and service, while providing sufficient capacity for future expansion.
Moog will relocate around 100 staff to the purpose-built facility. Chase Commercial director Julian Meredith said: “We are working closely with Moog and the contractor Quantum to deliver a first class facility on time and on budget.”
Adrian Rowley, partner at property consultancy Alder King which acted for Chase Commercial, said: “This deal symbolises a robust upswing in the region’s commercial property market.
Gloucestershire now has around 250,000 sq ft of development underway across the county and with greatly improved occupier confidence, the prospects for further development across the region look very promising.”
Ashchurch 9 is a four acre site, strategically located just one mile from Junction 9 of the M5, providing direct access to Gloucester and Cheltenham.
- 1 Win a unique candles and country house prize
- 2 WIN flowers, chocolates and Prosecco for Valentine's Day
- 3 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 4 Win a relaxing spa stay for two at The QHotels Collection
- 5 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest near the Peak District
- 6 The Hairy Bikers Go North to the Peak District
- 7 5 of the best winter walks in and around Cheshire
- 8 5 of the best places to see Snowdrops in Hampshire in 2022
- 9 The best food and drink festivals in Yorkshire in 2022
- 10 10 new hobbies to try in Essex in 2022